Thursday 3 July 2014

Fellowship Experience

Fellowship experience is based on the comments and feedback received from some some of the fellows in the previous fellowship program (UoN HIV Fellowship Program).
These are some of the compliments the fellowship received:



'During the UoN HIV Fellowship Program training, I have acquired knowledge and skills in integration of policies and goals from the international and national HIV/AIDS response local programming; planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluations of innovative evidence-informed HIV/AIDS programs; development and implementation of supply chain management systems for essential commodities to support HIV Programs and mobilization and management of resources for efficient HIV program development and management.’
-DR. Amos Omondi Oyoko MPH; MBCHB
Program Management Fellow-3rd Cohort


'The two year Fellowship period has immensely built my competencies in Health informatics in regard   to HIV/AIDS program. Thanks to PEPFAR and UNITID Fellowship.
When I joined the programin November 2011, I didn’t have much idea on what really goes on. Having had taken some duration of time in University teaching and administrative work, indeed, I did not think about it beyond class work, plenty of CATS and assignments. Now I know better. The knowledge have gained through experiential learning is indescribable. I cannot find an appropriate adjective to describe my encounters at UNITID HIV Fellowship program. It was AWESOME. The webcast sessions by the University of Washington were just informative moments. It was a period that provided me with an understanding: that knowledge doesn’t reside in books but in actual practice. I cannot exhaust the details of my fellowship here but will echo Albeit Einstein words: “try not to become a man of success but rather a man of value. Thanks to architects and partners of UNITID Fellowship Program. Thumbs-up!'

-Meshack Kawinzi MSc – ISE
                                                                                                               Health Informatics Fellow-3rd Cohort

The QM fellowship was an eye opener to me; as a healthcare manager I learnt to apply a systems approach in understanding and managing inter-related processes towards improving efficiency and effectiveness in the various aspects of healthcare delivery. During project implementation, I applied the wealth of knowledge acquired in the didactic learning to achieve set objectives; particularly involvement of people through formation of Quality Improvement Teams. People are the essence of any organization and their involvement through sharing knowledge, encouraging and recognizing their contribution, utilizing their experience and operating with integrity enables their abilities to be used for the benefit of the organization. The mentorship aspect of this program was very useful to me as I benefited immensely from the wealth of experience from my mentor Dr Anne Mungai and supervisor Dr Atieno Adede. I can say without a shadow of doubt that the experience has not only been transformative but it has also given me a competitive edge as a healthcare manager and not even the sky is the limit for me.  I will forever be grateful to UNITID for enabling me to pursue this very wonderful program.’
-DR. Rose Kwamboka Misati
B. Pharm, Msc. (Pubilc Health)
Quality Management Fellow


'I must stress that institutional capacity building is pivotal to the attainment of the national health sector strategic priorities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Medium Term Fellowship Program has enabled me to further build my capacity in M & E and thus providing me with technical skills that have greatly and positively enhanced my service delivery.’

-Rosemary T. A. Kombo 
MPH; PGD Global Health and Epidemiology; BA (Social Work)
Monitoring and Evaluation Medium Term Fellow
3rd Cohort


 
The fellowship opened a new chapter in my career growth path through experiential learning and has equipped me with skills to resolve real issues in the health domain. Before the Fellowship I was an IT Support Supervisor but presently I am a Technical Advisor – Standards.’
-Samuel Kang’a  MSc-IT
Health Informatics -2nd Cohort



The UoN HIV Fellowship is an all rounded program which added to my body of my knowledge. I have been able to acquire professional skills in monitoring and evaluation. The program was work-based in nature thus I was able to adequately use what I learnt, at my place of work. Interacting with various people from various cadres in the health profession was key and we were able to network and exchange ideas. Moreover, the lecturers and staff of the program were very instrumental and gave us the necessary support to make the fellowship program a success.’
-Barmao Joy Chepkurui
BSc. Nursing
Monitoring and Evaluation Medium Term Fellow
3rd Cohort


                                          1st Cohort fellows graduate during the UNITID Fellowship








2 comments:

  1. Nothing succeeds like success! The fellowship has been a successful sojourn in new waters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and elimination of diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I was diagnosed with diabetes .It was at work and  feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +234 802  501 2866   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, GOUT, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , TUMOR, HEART HEALTH, MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +234 901 075 4824

    ReplyDelete